are the snapshot packages for me?

I've just got to get this emacs-snapshot package that I've been
hearing about. Imagine me sending rms bug reports for long fixed bugs.
But wait,
# apt-cache show emacs-snapshot
Nothing.
# apt-get install emacs-snapshot
Package emacs-snapshot is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

I see. It is probably not for me.
Hmmm, no gnus-snapshot here on sid either.
Must be one of those underground packages on some non mirror, perhaps
even in some country of ill repute.
Well, if it means I must tamper with sources.list then it must not be
good enough to be in debian. etc. etc.  I'll wait.