Re: How to maintain emacs-snapshot-ized packages?

* Kai Grossjohann

(Yes, I know, old mail)

| jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:
|
| > I think the common recipe is:
| >
| > apt-get source <package>
| > cd <package>-<version>
| > edit debian/emacsen-install and add the flavour (usually to "case $FLAVOR in ...")
| > debuild
|
| I know that the first two and the last step are normal, but I think
| the third step (edit) gets boring really quick.
|
| Isn't there something that allows me to update the contents of the
| directory, while keeping the local edit?

A friend of mine (Cc-ed) wrote a daemon called patchd which builds
locally tweaked packages using sbuild and a bit of magic.  It seems
it's not in Debian, but he might be convinced to put it there, I
guess. :)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-