the el files and a possible bug in the new version of ispell.el

Hello

I am on sid, using Xemacs 21.4.15 no mule.
It seems that after I upgraded my sid distribution may 28, ispell goes
beserk.  I would like to  send a bug  report, but first  I need the el
file from:
unfortunately only the byte compile files are shipped in
/usr/share/xemacs21/site-lisp/dictionaries-common

And that leads me to a general question: could not please be all el
files shipped?

In the time of i386 PC with 200 Mega hard disk it made sense to
include those files, but today with zillons of Gigas.
I am aware of the  xemacs21-supportel package, alas

		-  first the el files are put in
           /usr/share/xemacs21/packages/lisp
           instead of
           /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp
           where the elc files are, as it is common xemacs politics

		-  and then the el files of xemacs-base are NOT included

		-  why are the files gzipped?

How is deceiding this policy?

Regards

Uwe Brauer