Re: disappearing emacs

Jim McCloskey wrote:
This query refers to:

		 GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu)

from the emacs21 package in testing, running under Debian testing.

The problem occurs only under X (the window-manager is sawfish; no
GNOME or KDE). The kernel-version is 2.6.4 (self-compiled) but I've
seen the problem under a number of different kernel-versions.
[]
I'm sorry to be so uninformative, but these events leave no
information at all to report---on the console or in the logs.

I've used ulimit to set the coredumpsize to unlimited, but I've not
managed to catch a core-dump so far.

Am I completely insane, or has anyone else seen behaviour like this?

Same here: emacs from Woody, environment is Kernel 2.4.22, Woody, GNOME 1.4 + Sawfish + Ximian GNOME 1.4 extensions (dated). Emacs will especially disappear just after startup when the window is moved and resized.

So, no SAN loss for you.

Alex