Re: Xemacs needs a real maintainer

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:56:11 +0100
Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr> wrote:

> However, following both XEmacs and Emacs development lists,
> it seems to me that XEmacs is not doing much progress these
> days, especially because of a lack of manpower.
> On the contrary, the GNU Emacs teem is very productive and
> Emacs is not only catching up (multi tty) but also brings nice new
> features like bidirectional editing, nifty gtk2 widgets,
> configurable fringes, and so.
>
> That said, both are nice tools.

Talking about GNU Emacs and XEmacs lately ... I am playing in my mind
with switching from Woody do Gentoo ... but as far as I understood
Gentoo provides only XEmacs ... and since I am used to GNU Emacs ...
well, is it a huge step switching from Xmacs to Xmacs?  I fairly seldom
use the mouse so I am used to use the short cuts ... any comments?  I
would be glad to listen.

ray