Re: How to maintain emacs-snapshot-ized packages?

Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> writes:

> * Kai Grossjohann
>
> (Yes, I know, old mail)
>
> | jmarant@nerim.net (Jérôme Marant) writes:
> |
> | > I think the common recipe is:
> | >
> | > apt-get source <package>
> | > cd <package>-<version>
> | > edit debian/emacsen-install and add the flavour (usually to "case $FLAVOR in ...")
> | > debuild
> |
> | I know that the first two and the last step are normal, but I think
> | the third step (edit) gets boring really quick.
> |
> | Isn't there something that allows me to update the contents of the
> | directory, while keeping the local edit?
>
> A friend of mine (Cc-ed) wrote a daemon called patchd which builds
> locally tweaked packages using sbuild and a bit of magic.  It seems
> it's not in Debian, but he might be convinced to put it there, I
> guess. :)

Do you know if we can setup such a tool on a debian machine?
I wonder if we could generate packages automatically, although
building Emacs may eat resources on such a machine, making admins
unhappy.

Cheers,

PS: the emacs-snapshot packaging is soon going to be maintained
through GNU Arch.

--
Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org