Re: Handling packages that require emacs21 with emacs-snapshot

Vincent Bernat <bernat@free.fr> writes:

> I am  using emacs-snapshot package  with debian/ directory from Jerôme
> but I don't know how  to handle  some  packages that requires  emacs21
> (like  AucTeX).  Should I force the  installation  ?  Should I rebuild
> emacs-snapshot so that it provides emacs21 ? Should I rebuild AucTeX ?

You can edit the corresponding script to do its stuff on both emacs21
and emacs-snapshot flavors.

Someone here also mentioned a preview of an auctex package; afair, the
preview groks emacs-snapshot, as well.  Here are the two lines from
/etc/apt/sources.list I've got:

# Preview auctex
deb     http://people.debian.org/~salve/apt ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~salve/apt ./