acpi parts of battery.el

Hello,

I'm running 2.6.7 from kernel.org, not a Debian package, and I just
got acpi working (so far, so good).

I use display-battery to monitor the machine.  However, the mode-line
seems to show 81% when in fact the battery fully charged.
Unfortunately, I do not understand that section of battery.el to try
to figure out what is wrong.  (My emacs-lisp abilities are pretty
limited.)

Also, I'm not sure how to generalize it, but battery.el in the
emacs-21.el looked for "/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature", but
on my machine (IBM X31), the path to the temperature file is
"/proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM0/temperature".  I edited the file
accordingly for my laptop, but I don't know how to fix it so it uses
the correct THM* across machines.

lsls:~$ apt-cache policy emacs21-el
emacs21-el:
  Installed: 21.3+1-5