Re: [OT] RSS/RDF newsfeeds

Peter S Galbraith <p.galbraith@globetrotter.net> wrote:

> csj@myrealbox.com wrote:

> > >  > Is anybody here aware of any native emacs app that can read
> > >  > RSS/RDF newsfeeds?
> > >
> > > There is at least one:
> > > <URL:http://www.nongnu.org/newsticker>. It's pretty good, and
> > > development seems to be ongoing.
> >
> > Just what I wanted (an no gnus ;-).  Would any developer be
> > interested in packaging this standalone or say in the
> > emacs-goodies-el package?
>
> Come up with a usable `newsticker-url-list' with a few english entries
> and I'll add it to emacs-goodies-extra-el (as it depends on wget).
>
> I think http://slashdot.org/index.rss might work, but bans you if you
> download it more than once every 30 minutes, so i might already be
> banned trying it.
>
> :-)
>
> Peter

newsticker-url-list's value is
(("slashdot" "http://slashdot.org/index.rss"; nil nil)
 ("newsforge" "http://newsforge.com/index.rss"; nil nil))

Works okay for me so far.  Would anybody be upset if I changed
newsticker-url-list to this in the Debian package indeed of the german
defaults?

Any more suggestions?

Peter