Re: Hyperlatex default emacs key bindings for Debian

Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de> wrote:

> > |    * Sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by `{', `}', `<', `>', `:'
> > |      or `;' are also reserved for major modes.
> > |
> > |    * Sequences consisting of `C-c' followed by any other punctuation
> > |      character are allocated for minor modes.  Using them in a major
> > |      mode is not absolutely prohibited, but if you do that, the major
> > |      mode binding may be shadowed from time to time by minor modes.
> >
> > I gather that hyperlatex is a minor-mode?
> > Then you also have to be careful not to use a binding already used by
> > other minor modes (such as reftex, hide/show).  Doesn't leave many
> > choices.
>
> I'm a bit undecided here. What about "C-c ."? I just want to get rid of
> this little nice bug, but I want to do it gloriously. ;)
>
> bye,
>   Roland

C-c . runs the command LaTeX-mark-environment
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `latex'.

You could say that's an AUC TeX bug and use it!  :-)

Okay, truth-telling time.  I use "C-c b" to store a keymep for the
bib-cite minor mode, pretty much because of the impossibility of finding
a suitable key elsewhere.  minor-modes get no respect (or didn't
historically need keybindings, I don't know).

Peter