Re: Emacs CVS snapshot package?

Jérôme Marant <jmarant@nerim.net> wrote:

> Ole Laursen <olau@hardworking.dk> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone thought about packaging a CVS snapshot of Emacs for those
> > of us who would like to try a GTK+ Emacs but don't have the time to
> > compile it ourselves?
>
>   Rob Browning (the Emacs maintainer) and I are working on such
>   a package. Please stay tuned.

In the meantime, I followed intructions here to make CVS Emacs
Debian-aware:

 http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsCvsAndDebian

except I skip the making of a fake equivs package.  I can't see why
that's required if I keep the emacs21 package installed.

So far the Debian startup is _not_ happening and I haven't figured out
why.

  M-x locate-library
  Library is file /usr/local/share/emacs/21.3.50/lisp/startup.el

The above is okay, yet `debian-emacs-flavor' is not bound and
`command-line-processed' is t.

If anyone has gone through this let me know.

Thanks,
Peter