Re: byte-compile all those start-up files

0> In article <[🔎] 1059463788.3f26226cd0693@webmail.eng.it>,
0> Gian Uberto Lauri <URL:mailto:GianUberto.Lauri@eng.it> ("Gian") wrote:

Gian> Quoting Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>:

>> Would byte-compiling these speed things up?

Gian> Does not slow down for sure.  html-helper-mode has some loops inside
Gian> that could benefit from byte compiling.

Really? /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50html-helper-mode.el has (my counting):

      5	setq
      5	cons
      4	quote
      2	concat
      1	symbol-name
      1	autoload

Perhaps you're confusing the site-start file with the html-helper-mode
implementation (which *is* byte-compiled)?