Re: emacs21.3-1 seg faults

Peter S Galbraith <psg@debian.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> emacs21.3-1 is crashing on me fairly regularly when starting mh-e (it
> crashes on the first message or never has any problems).  I really doubt
> that it's mh-e's fault (no elisp should ever make Emacs seg fault).
>
> Has anyone else had similar problems?  I'll report a bug (using
> debbugs-el's 'M-x debian-bug' of course!), but I'd prefer to narrow it
> down a bit first.
>
> Peter

Hello, Peter

I am experiencing segmentation fault when I use debian emacs21.3-1
with XIM,  :
$ XMODIFIERS=@im=XSIM emacs -q --no-site-file --debug-init
Fatal error (11).segmentation fault

It runs fine if XIM was not used.  The same XIM program worked well
with previous version of Gnu Emacs(21.2). It seems to me the new
version introduced some incompabilities. :(

Regards!

--
Yongtao Yang

email: yongtao.yang@telia.com