gzip the jazz in /usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/ ?

Wow look at all the stuff in /usr/share/emacs/21.2/etc/ that could be
gzipped, like is done for /usr/share/doc/*/*  We're talking about
kilobytes of savings.

Wait a second.  That might break some stuff that reads them like ^H^H
(help-for-help).  Or maybe it would automatically read them anyway
still.  Or maybe this should be forwarded upstream [ok, I'll ask there
too]. Or maybe it is Unix specific. Or maybe never mind.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780