paragraph-indent-text-mode in mail mode

     I use paragraph-indent-text-mode for any text.  My .emacs
contains the line:
 (setq default-major-mode 'paragraph-indent-text-mode )
which works as desired in text mode, but not in mail mode.

     I would like to attach paragraph-indent-minor-mode to
text-mode-hook so paragraph indent mode will be in effect in all major
modes related to text, but haven't been able to find the necessary
command to do so.  Can anyone help me, or must I set this mode
manually when I enter mail mode?

     Please copy me on any replies.

Bob
--