Proposed change: allow "Depends: emacsen-common".

After lengthy discussions with Santiago (who I thank for being
persistent and patient), among other things, we've decided that we
should consider allowing add-on packages to Depend on emacsen-common.
Current policy doesn't allow this, but I can't recally any
particularly strong reason (please remind me if there is one).
Currently all add-on packages are required to depend on emacsen, not
emacsen-common.

This change would provide an advantage for packages for which emacsen
support is just a minor additional and optional item, packages like
dpkg-dev (before dpkg-dev-el) and gettext, for example.  They could
just add a dependency on emacsen-common rather than having to create a
separate package like gettext-el just to avoid pulling in an entire
version of emacs, and the emacsen-common dependency would still make
sure that emacsen-common was actually initialized and installed before
the add-on packages tried to use it.

Thoughts?

--
Rob Browning