Re: Creating Emacs package from CVS version

Sebastian Krause writes:

> Has anyone a working "debian/"-subdir for the current CVS version of
> Emacs for me? Using the one from Emacs21 didn't work, I get some
> errors I can't solve. I would like to dpkg-buildpackage the Emacs
> from CVS.

I've been trying to build a working deb of Emacs CVS for a few days but
I can't get it to work. The first problem I had was that the install
part tried to write to /usr/local/share/lisp (I had to change Emacs's
Makefile.in -- adding the $datadir variable before the lisp
targets). Now I'm stuck during the build-install-tree, apparently the
script removes tmp-emacs/usr/share/emacs/21.2.50/leim directory and then
tries to write something in it. I also get a lot of 'file changed as we
read it' error messages from tar...

I'm using the debian/ directory from emacs21.1 too. Help would be
appreciated.

Romain.

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com>