Re: Should debian-emacs-flavor symbol be allowed at large?

 Peter> I just noticed the use of the debian-emacs-flavor symbol in
 Peter> auctex's /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site.el file.

 Peter> I'm wondering if debian-emacs-policy should forbid the use of
 Peter> debian-emacs-flavor outside of the /etc/emacs* directories, or
 Peter> rather inside of directories usually visible by unpackaged
 Peter> Emacsen (i.e setup whatever variable you want using
 Peter> debian-emacs-flavor in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50somefile.el,
 Peter> and use that variable later).

I believe it should forbid its usage outside the /etc/(x)emacs*
files.

Jim

--
@James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>      |  Blessed Be!