Re: Bug#61167: emacsen-common: major bug in policy (not RC for potato)
- To: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#61167: emacsen-common: major bug in policy (not RC for potato)
- From: Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 17 Jul 2001 13:21:35 -0500
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20010717133339.A5345@polya>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010402165938.A29800@polya> <email@example.com> <20010416023611.A29393@polya> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20010521215455.F6370@polya> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010705232835.A3985@polya> <email@example.com> <20010717133339.A5345@polya>
Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:
> s/may never/will never/.
Well, I didn't want to rule out the possibility that we might think of
something clever between now and whenever emacs21 is released :>
> But if it's only for emacs21 onwards, let's give an appropriate
> example, and a footnote that this only applies from emacs21/xemacs22
OK, though it's really only relevant to emacs20. xemacs21 doesn't
have this problem because dres (wisely :>) didn't implement the
previous policies required symlink. He just had two separate dirs.
So xemacs can be fixed whenever he likes.
rlb @defaultvalue.org, @linuxdevel.com, and @debian.org
GPG=1C58 8B2C FB5E 3F64 EA5C 64AE 78FE E5FE F0CB A0AD