Re: Should files in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/ be conffiles?

James LewisMoss <jimdres@mindspring.com> writes:

> It depends.  I'm not sure there is an "answer" here.  It makes sense
> to have some of these files conffiles and others not.

FWIW, I agree with Jim here.  Unless there's some convincing argument
otherwise, I think that like other files in /etc, some should be
config files and others not.  However, if Debian is moving toward
having all files in /etc/ being config files, then we'd have to
discuss the issue.