Re: Should files in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/ be conffiles?
- To: James LewisMoss <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Should files in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/ be conffiles?
- From: Rob Browning <email@example.com>
- Date: 17 Mar 2001 18:20:59 -0600
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <20010226150838.970C34636@mixing.qc.dfo.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
James LewisMoss <email@example.com> writes:
> It depends. I'm not sure there is an "answer" here. It makes sense
> to have some of these files conffiles and others not.
FWIW, I agree with Jim here. Unless there's some convincing argument
otherwise, I think that like other files in /etc, some should be
config files and others not. However, if Debian is moving toward
having all files in /etc/ being config files, then we'd have to
discuss the issue.
Rob Browning <firstname.lastname@example.org> PGP=E80E0D04F521A094 532B97F5D64E3930