Re: emacsen: need plan to fix leftover cruft in share/emacs/XX.Y...

Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> Well, the current mechanism can safely deal with future cruft.
> To deal with old cruft, I'd need to do something in prerm like:
>
>  rm /usr/share/emacs/*/site-lisp/gri-mode.CompilationLog.gz
>
> and this would delete compilation logs of currently still
> installed emacs flavors.  :-(

Which is why I'd recommend this instead:

  rm -f /usr/share/emacs/20.5/site-lisp/gri-mode.CompilationLog.gz
  rm -f /usr/share/emacs/20.6/site-lisp/gri-mode.CompilationLog.gz

Since that actually cleans up the cruft we know about, and more lines
can be added later if other people discover more in the future.

What would be wrong with that?