Re: task-emacs and user-emacs

    Ben> Alex Shinn <foof@debian.org> writes:
    >> task-emacs would include all the Emacs packages necessary to
    >> use Emacs as your shell/mail client/news reader/etc.

    Ben> Necessary to use *which* Emacs as those things?

Any of them.

Shell comes with every emacsen, so that's not really an issue.

For mail you want to include at least one Emacs mail client (and maybe
suggest bbdb and mailcrypt), so the dependancy could be
(vm|mew|wl|wanderlust2).  Currently whichever emacsen you have
installed you would be able to install at least one of the mail
clients (mew supports all of them), and bbdb also supports any
emacsen.

Similarly, for a news client you could have
(chaos|diablo|gnus|semi-gnus|t-gnus).  I think this is covered by any
emacsen.

And of course include w3-el-lisp.

Would it be better to make sure that you can install everything in
task-emacs no matter what emacsen you're using, or just require anyone
who wants to use Emacs as they're complete work environment to install
one of the latest versions?

Either way, task-emacs is easy, the real trick is getting user-emacs
to figure which emacs you want to run and which mail/news client you
want to use.

--
Alex