Re: The Grand Plan

> If it's a *really* *really* serious problem, it can be snuck in sometime
> within the next three or four days maybe, but I'd *really* *really* prefer
> to have it ready for install within 24 hours or so. :-/
>
> If you can't get it uploaded by then, some idea what's up with it at
> least would be good.

OK, I've uploaded new emacs20 and emacsen-common packages to
ftp-master.  They revert to the old debian-emacs-flavor behavior.
Here's the bit from debian-emacs-policy:

   2) Flavor indication

   [ NOTE: I am at least temporarily rescinding my recent changes (the
     ones detailed below).  Though aesthetically appealing, they have
     caused too much trouble.  For now (at least for Debian's current
     frozen release), please revert to the previous behavior of
     setting debian-emacs-flavor early in your particular emacsen's
     startup process and regardless of the setting of -q or
     --no-site-file.

     I believe that this reversion also means that emacsen maintainers
     can remove the emacsen-common version dependency...

     Thanks, and sorry for the short notice. (rlb). ]

So for all of the Debian emacsen maintainers, please revert to the
previous behavior of setting debian-emacs-flavor in your startup.el,
and for all of the add-on package maintainers, you can go back to
presuming that debian-emacs-flavor will be set whether or not you use
--no-site-file or -q during your build process.

I hope this resolves the recent ugliness.  Let me know if there are
more problems.