Re: [xemacs21*.deb] [FHS] Which is the real xemacs/site-lisp{,-21}?

    Karl> [ Re: xemacs21*_21.1.*.deb packages by James LewisMoss
    Karl> <dres@debian.org> ]

    Karl> I notice there are both
    Karl> "/usr/{lib,share}/xemacs/site-lisp{,-21}" directories
    Karl> installed[1].  Which one are folks who've installed the
    Karl> package supposed to use?

    Michael> None of them.  site-lisp is obsolete as of 21.0, and it's
    Michael> turned off by default.  I don't know about Debian, but
    Michael> that's the official stand on this.  So you must be seeing
    Michael> some local fuckage.

 You're the second person to tell me that...  I've also been told that
 this is off-topic/moot in xemacs-beta; sorry for posting if that's
 the general feeling.

 We'll try to work this out on the debian-emacsen list.  I'll see
 about abolishing the use of site-lisp for XEmacs.  I see no reason
 why the Debian `install-emacs' can't be made to regenerate an
 auto-autoloads file somehow, when it byte-compiles, on package
 installation, Lisp meant for all emacsen.  (Eg:
 debian-changelog-mode.el) The lisp is installed in one directory,
 then symlinks are made into the appropriate locations.  It should be
 easy to do, and we'll never need to add to load-path again after
 that.

 [ I tried to search the xemacs-beta archive for `load-path', and it
 spit out reams.  I think it will be faster to just trace the codes. ]