Re: All elisp package should be redirect Compilation Log to a file.

***** TK => Takuo KITAME

TK> +rm -f CompilationLog.gz

What good is this rm for?  You already `>' on CompilationLog.gz.

Maybe I miss something here, what is it?

TK> Any comments?

Yes, one: I wish you good luck. :-)

This is a very good idea, which I already proposed some time ago
(indeed my packages behave that way); unfortunately not every one
seems to agree or is willing to take care of unnecessary output at
installation time. ;-)  Things may have changed, though.

Just while you're at it, why don't we try and have a consistent look
and feel for strings such as:

"install/$PACKAGE: Byte-compiling for $FLAVOR... " "done."

"install/$PACKAGE: Ignoring emacsen flavor $FLAVOR."

"remove/$PACKAGE: Removing for $FLAVOR... " "done."

"remove/$PACKAGE: Ignoring emacsen flavor $FLAVOR."

I like my own wording, of course. :-)

I also propose we really ignore the `emacs' emacsen flavor, unless it
doesn't need to, of course (i.e., avoiding to display messages like
"install/mailcrypt: Ignoring emacsen flavor emacs.", which are IMO
confusing, while "Ignoring emacsen flavor xemacs20." isn't).

Take a look at the two scripts attached (from mailcrypt; please ignore
<:=...:> thingies if you don't know about EPerl: I guess you can
nevertheless easily figure it out, what each variable evaluates to,
and it's easier to read these sources than the EPerl output, which is
somewhat harder).

Davide G. M. Salvetti - IW5DZC [JN53fr] - <http://www.linux.it/%7Esalve/>
<http://www.gnu.org/> * <http://www.debian.org/> * <http://www.linux.org>