Re: fbx64.efi hangs after Debian 10.10 shim update

Le 26/06/2021 à 10:35, Pascal Hambourg a écrit :

After the latest shim update which ran grub-install and installed the new /boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/fbx64.efi, UEFI boot hangs with no error message, only the HP logo, and GRUB does not show up.

Using "Boot from EFI file" in the firmware boot menu, it appears that :
- grubx64.efi (from either EFI\debian or EFI\BOOT) works
- shimx64.efi (from EFI\debian) works
- BOOTX64.efi (from EFI\BOOT) hangs
- fbx64.efi (from either EFI\debian or EFI\BOOT) hangs
(...)
The firmware has two UEFI boot modes : Hybrid (with CSM) and Native (without CSM). In hybrid mode, secure boot is disabled. In native mode, secure boot can be enabled or disabled.

Until now I always used hybrid mode which allows either EFI and legacy BIOS boot. I discovered that the issue happens only in hybrid mode, not in native mode.
And now I found out that fbx64.efi hangs only when a "debian" (or whatever name is defined in \EFI\*\BOOTX64.CSV) EFI boot entry exists.