Re: debian arm64 shim - crash

Hi Cyprien,

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 11:21:27PM -0400, Cyprien Laplace wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I updated an existing debian 10 system running in an VMware ESXi Arm VM, and
>the new uefi shim is crashing. From my investigation it looks like the
>relocations are not happening: both DT_RELA and DT_RELASZ are null.
>
>I verified that the installer ISO also crashes in the UEFI shim.
>
>I also tested QEMU+UEFI, and someone else tested on Parallels for M1 Macs.

ACK. You've found #990082, sorry.

There's an update coming very soon with a replacement shim-signed
package. I tested the previous build locally and it seemed OK, but
apparently not in all cases. Argh :-(

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth