Bug#971129: shim-signed: FTBFS: build-dependency not installable: shim-unsigned (= 15+1533136590.3beb971-7)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#971129: shim-signed: FTBFS: build-dependency not installable: shim-unsigned (= 15+1533136590.3beb971-7)
- From: Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2021 14:54:07 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20210304145407.GT5283@tack.einval.com>
- Reply-to: Steve McIntyre <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20210215153536.GA27744@debian.org>
- References: <20200927183953.GA18292@xanadu.blop.info> <20210209152601.GA16320@debian.org> <20210212013544.GG4886@tack.einval.com> <20210214185618.GA13308@debian.org> <20210215004333.GC7112@tack.einval.com> <20210215153536.GA27744@debian.org> <20200927183953.GA18292@xanadu.blop.info>
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 04:35:37PM +0100, Ivo De Decker wrote:
>Thanks for the info.
>On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 12:43:33AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> >Could you clarify the timing for this, especially the timeline for getting the
>> >signature from Microsoft (as far as that can be predicted)? I'm trying to
>> >assess if this could become a blocker wrt the actual release. Is it an option
>> >to release with the current version of shim-signed (ie the one that's also in
>> >buster) if we don't get the signature in time?
>> It's not really an option to release with the old shim at this point,
>> I'm afraid.
>That's good to know. I tagged this bug 'is-blocker', to make sure we keep an
>eye on it.
>> But there are newer processes in place around getting new
>> builds signed, so I'm not worrying too much here about delaying the
So, to update here...
Shim development was caught up in the work to fix more Secure Boot
holes in Grub (DSA-4867), and it's not quite ready yet. We will have
to wait for a few more upstream fixes yet, then get reviewed and
signed. At that point, this bug will be fixed.
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
-- Bertrand Russell