Re: state of shim and shim-signed.

Thanks KiBi, was about to respond via d-boot anyway. :-)

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:59:44PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

>peter green <plugwash@p10link.net> (2021-02-11):
>> I have noticed that there seem to be issues with shim and shim-signed,
>> the former has a complaint from the gcc maintainers about being built
>> with an old version of gcc, the latter depends on an old version of shim.
>>
>> Are their plans to fix this for bullseye? are their difficulties getting
>> new versions signed by MS?

I'm doing some shim work at the moment, in fact. I'm not anticipating
any problems with getting things signed, but there will be at least
some delay. That delay *does* act as somewhat of a brake on shim
maintenance, hence I've let things sit for some time.

Now that we're near the end of the bullseye cycle and toolchains have
settled, I'm comfortable to switch to gcc-10 etc.

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.