Re: Can't boot my LUKS/LVM Debian 10 on my UEFI-based Lenovo ThinkPad X390 (dual-boot with Windows)

Hi!

Sorry for the delayed response here - it's been a busy festive
period... :-/

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 01:19:53AM +0100, l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>I installed some days ago Debian 10 with LVM inside LUKS and specific
>partioning (4 logical volumes for /, /home, /var and swap) on my
>UEFI-based Lenovo ThinkPad X390 in dual-boot configuration with
>Windows 10 (which came preinstalled on this brand new laptop).
>
>Everything went well except I can't boot on my Debian, I don't even
>see Grub. Windows is launched automatically instead. My only solution
>is to launch a rEFInd USB key, boot on it and select either "Boot
>EFI\Boot\grubx64.efi from SYSTEM" or "Boot EFI\debian\grubx64.efi
>from SYSTEM" (among 6 options) in order to launch my Debian. It's not
>very handy but it seems to indicate I'm not very far from the
>solution because everything works fine after that (it proves that my
>Linux is well installed)...
>
>I've created a thread on LinuxQuestions
>at https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/no-grub-to-launch-my-new-debian-10-with-luks-and-lvm-uefi-4175666362/. There
>are many useful information/details about my situation at this URL
>and you will see I've already tried a few operations (including some
>with efibootmgr), with no avail so far...
>
>I would be very grateful if some people could help me regarding this
>matter :)
>
>_NB:_ Please tell me if this is not the most appropriate place to
>discuss all of this (I've already posted my issue on LQ and
>debian-user ML and still don't know how to resolve this). Maybe this
>ML is more about development but sometimes development and issues are
>related ;)

>From catching up on the thread in debian-user, it seems that you've
made progress and can now boot things from disk OK, but not with
Secure Boot enabled. Is that correct?

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth