Re: Grub, UEFI Secure Boot and netboot - help!

Hi Steve!

On 6/10/19 4:37 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>   1. Update the docs to mention this - this is a new thing needed to
>      get netboot working with Buster. It's *currently* inconsistent,
>      as ia64 and armhf (as non-SB arches) are still using the old
>      prefix setting. For the sake of consistency (in docs etc.), I
>      propose to also update the d-i build for those arches to use the
>      same prefix. But I acknowledge that will break existing
>      setups. :-(
>
>   2. Alternatively, we could tweak the netboot prefix setting as built
>      by grub. I'm worried that this may also break things for some
>      users. Do we assume (can we?) that all our grub netboot users are
>      installer users (so we could use /debian-installer/$ARCH/grub)?
>      If so, that might be a way to go. But is it a valid assumption?
>      We'd be forcing all our grub netboot binaries to only sensibly
>      work for d-i, and that worries me too.

I don't have a strong opinion here regarding GRUB on ia64. netboot with GRUB
on ia64 is currently untested on ia64, so I'm fine with breaking changes as
long as the configuration is kept in sync - where possible - with the other
EFI architectures and in a working state.

Thanks,
Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz