Re: How to enroll Debian Secure Boot test key from Debian Live image?

El 29/04/19 a las 01:14, Steve McIntyre escribió:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 01:09:29AM +0200, adrian15 wrote:
>> If you check this wiki page:
>> https://wiki.debian.org/SecureBoot/Testing#Buster_live_images
>> it says:
>> Since 16th Jan 2019, our normal weekly amd64 live images should
>> live-boot with Secure Boot enabled so long as the test key is already
>> imported for MOK to use.
>>
>> I have checked both:
>> * https://wiki.debian.org/SecureBoot/
>> * https://wiki.debian.org/SecureBoot/Testing
>> and I don't find any explanation on:
>>
>> * Where to find the key
>> * How to enroll the key
>>
>> Can anyone update the wiki so that it's complete?
>> Or point me to something obvious I'm missing?
>
> I deliberately removed the old test that spoke about the test key, as
> it has now been superseded and we're using the Debian production
> key..
In that case I recommend you to move all of those tests into a
https://wiki.debian.org/SecureBoot/DebianTestKeyTesting (or alike name)
page where it states those tests are deprecated.

Else you get things like:

mokutil fails with Failed to enroll new keys
5b works with a shell on Vfat-USB stick from

which doesn't make very sense with the current instructions.

In my personal case I was seeking to learn how to install the Debian
test key so that I could install the Microsoft one from a live cd.

> If for some reason you really need to work with the older test key,
> use the "info" link at the top of the page and look at the older
> content.

Ok.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/