Rescapp - Thinking about removing efivarfs dumps option

1) I develop a rescue oriented distro named Rescatux which has a main
program called Rescapp .

It currently does not boot in Secure Boot mode but I think it's offtopic
on this thread.

So Rescapp can:

* Update UEFI order
* Create a new UEFI Boot entry
* Check the UEFI Partition Status
* Fake Microsoft Windows UEFI
* Hide Microsoft Windows UEFI
* Reinstall Microsoft Windows EFI
* Check UEFI Boot (If the machine was boot in UEFI mode or not)

2) I came accross these two bugs:

ENOSPC errors should be more helpful - #853237 -

efibootmgr: grub uefi fails to boot - #891180 -

3) So I guess I could add an option called:

"Clear UEFI dumps" that does:

# mount -t efivarfs efivarfs /sys/firmware/efi/efivars
# rm /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/dump-*

and then advise the user to use the other Rescapp options to reinstall
grub which already run update-grub and grub-install .

4) Or maybe I could add this dump deletion process to the current 'Easy
GNU/Linux Boot Fix' option.

Is there anything interesting in those dumps or can I just delete them ?
Or maybe move them to the 'root partition which the final users chooses'
to ?

So... basically what I want to know is if you think this problem
deserves or not me adding to option to Rescapp / Rescatux .
Either because final users would fix it thanks to CLI anyway or because
you think the problem will be fixed by the package being updated so that
the efivars directory does not get full in the first place.

Thank you for your feedback.

About Rescatux / Rescapp:

* https://www.supergrubdisk.org/rescatux/
* https://www.supergrubdisk.org/other-stuff/rescatux-package-repository/
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhAg_ojj3VQ (Rescatux - New UEFI
options explained) (It's a very long and boring video but you can check
on the first screenshot under 'Boot' which are the UEFI options available.)

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software
libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/