Re: regenerating /boot/efi/debian/

El 13/12/16 a las 09:50, Jack Howarth escribió:
      During my struggles to get a bootable linux installed on a
MacBook Pro 2,1 which has EFI-32 firmware, I discover that the
debian-8.6.0-amd64-i386-netinst.iso multi-arch installer was the only
Linux distribution capable of achieving this. However I wanted to use
the Unity Deskttop on Ubuntu 16.10 so I switched the
/etc/apt/sources.list over to their copy to reinstall that distro.
This, however left me with, the following critical piece for the
Debian Jessie installation.

/boot/efi/EFI/debian/grub.efi
/boot/efi/EFI/debian/grub.efi

Am I correct to assume that the command to regenerate these under
Ubuntu 16.10 amd64 would actually be...

sudo grub-install --target i386-efi --boot-directory=/boot
--efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id="${lsb_release -ds)"

and for the amd64 kernel to still run should I just have
grub-efi-ia32-bin installed or does grub-efi-ia32 also have be
installed as well?

In your situation I would install:

grub-efi-ia32

accept that it's going to remove (probably) grub-efi-amd64 and grub-efi-am64-bin .

And then install the new grub with just:

sudo grub-install # Grub should autodetect EFI and install there.

If your system has the EFI partition mounted in /boot/efi you should be fine.

I'm still interested in your feedback trying Super Grub2 Disk which I have discussed with you in a private email.

If you do enough tests who knows if you might finish convincing me on building a refactored Ubuntu installation disk which boots from EFI-32 thanks to Super Grub2 Disk (or Grub2 technically speaking, but it's easier for me if I put everything in there).

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/donate/