From: Steve McIntyre [steve@einval.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 05:41 PM Central Standard Time
To: Ian Campbell
Cc: Andrew M.A. Cater; debian-boot@lists.debian.org; debian-efi@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: UEFI PXE step by step instructions?

[ Adding CC to debian-efi for this - we have a mailing for EFI
  stuff...! ]

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 05:20:35PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
>On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 16:43 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 09:30 +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
>> > I can't find any references for how to PXE boot UEFI: I find lots of
>> > posts complaining that pxelinux.0 is not compatible with UEFI and not
>> > much more.
>>
>> I've struggled a bit with this recently for work and am still figuring
>[...]
>
>Perhaps I'm over complicating things for your use case and all you
>really need to do is arrange for the
>appropriate ./debian-installer/.../bootnetFOO.efi (from the per-arch
>netboot.tar.gz e.g. [0]) to be next-file for the system in question,
>along with unpacking that netboot.tar.gz at the right place.

I must admit, for all the CD/DVD/USB stuff I've done, I've never tried
UEFI PXE stuff. Some good instructions in the installation manual and
elsewhere would be nice (hint!) if somebody has good knowledge of this.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@einval.com
"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm