Re: Running arm64 and i386 chroot in parallel on the same subnet

Hi Roman,

On  Di 02 Jan 2024 11:41:33 CET, roman.meier wrote:

Hi folks,

I'm able to run both chroot images, arm64 (rpi4) and i386 on the debian edu server. The arm64-one runs inside of a qemu vm.

Various adjustments to the configuration of Debian Edu are required before it is possible to run either the one or the other image.

However, my goal is to serve and run both images at the same time.

I believe I can make this work using two different subnets. However, my preferred approach is, to use the same subnet for both.

Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
Roman

Running both client types on the same subnet should be possible. Create two different DHCP groups and have different boot options (those you need for i386 / arm64) for each group.

Then you can assign the arm64 clients to one DHCP group and the i386 clients to the other. Both on the same subnet.

More elegant would be if you could derive the architecture from the DHCP request somehow. I am not sure if that is possible, but it would be nice to have.

Thanks for reporting back here on your success status!

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31