Re: guest account and kerberos

Thanks Gabriel,
this coming week I'll put at work you solutions!
Have a nice Sunday,
L.

Il giorno dom 19 mar 2023 alle ore 10:40 Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> ha scritto:
Hi Lorenzo,
On  Do 16 Mär 2023 16:40:30 UTC, Lorenzo Ceriani wrote:

> Hi,

> I am very happy of our new Debian-edu computer lab, everything is running
> smooth even if the machine are old enough.
> I have just some help requests:
> 1. I need a passwordless guest account on every client which erase all data
> on every login or logout (useful for doing national online exams) For the
> moment i created a local account with the same name on every client with
> adduser *** and then passwd -d ***.
> Still to do the erasing part, but for the moment it seems ok. Can this
> create problems with debian-edu?

You could use arctica-greeter (a LightDM greeter frontend). It has an
extra pkg called arctica-greeter-guest-session (iirc, please check
with apt-cache search). However, during recent tests on Debian 12 that
feature looked broken. Need to check it.

> 2. I would like to avoid that (kerberos?) dialog box that ofteh/always asks
> for a password after login. It confounds pupils... :-)
> Thanks in advance for your advice!

You could remove the package or edit its entry in /etc/xdg/autostart.
E.g. add a line NotShowIn=MATE;

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31