Re: Fwd: [Season of Docs - Announcements] Announcing Google Season of Docs 2023

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 10:26:48PM +0100, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> The project goals might be:
> - Migrating the DebianEdu documentation from wiki to a text based
> documentation system that can be managed with Git and GitHub/GitLab. See
> also Documentation as Code: https://docs-as-co.de/.

no, or rather: why?

we spent a lot of time and effort to be able to maintain
src:debian-edu-doc as wiki, including translations,

so why would you want to change this? to address what problems, shortcomings,
bugs, ...?

> - Reorganizing the docs into Installation, Usage, and Development guides.
> Right now everything is in the same manual, but the information about
> development is almost nonexistent, and the usage information is very
> lacking. For example there are no details about how to use Veyon, or
> squidguard, etc. So, this would also require adding some more details to
> the docs, that are already missing.

I dont see why you need to change the format to add this information
to the docs.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Bookworm/ - it's a wiki,
please add those infos there.

> I do have some experience with technical writing, so I can be a possible
> candidate for the technical writer. But other candidates may be considered
> as well.

true that.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Die meisten Menschen können sich eher das Aussterben der Menschheit vorstellen
als das Ende von Herrschaftsideologie und Kapitalismus. (@elektra_42)