Gaia Sky

Hi there,

I am the developer of Gaia Sky (https://zah.uni-heidelberg.de/gaia/outreach/gaiasky), a free and open-source astronomy visualization software (3D Universe-like). The most important feature of Gaia Sky is that it supports catalogs of over a billion objects in real time.

We offer already a .deb package for download in our website.

A long time ago, there were attempts to bring Gaia Sky to the official Debian repos (see https://codeberg.org/gaiasky/gaiasky/issues/39). The discussion was initiated by Ole Streicher, but sadly nothing ever materialized.

Do you think there's still interest to make it happen? Would Gaia Sky be a good candidate for Debian Edu Astronomy?

Regards,
Toni