Re: User Docs for DebianEdu

While it is unclear to me if it is a good idea to leave the Debian wiki
when writing documentation, I leave that to others to figure out.

I just wanted to point out that when selecting source format for the
documentation, I strongly recommend using a format that can be converted
to docobok using pandoc, to be able to create good looking documentation
in both HTML, PDF and ePub format.

It is also a very good idea to ensure the format selected is well
handled by po4a to allow the documents to be translated into non-English
languages using the tools currently used by translators of both the
Debian Edu documentation and free software, ref

Note, since the blog post was written, we started using Hosted Weblate
to handle most translations, see
for the current status.

Personally I would recommend Restructured text (rst) over markdown, as
it has a richer vocabulary than markdown.  I recommend Restructured text
over Asciidoc as the latter is less well supported by po4a.

--
Happy hacking