Re: Using Veyon

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 8:22 PM Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
Yes, I have used that on Debian Edu. Works as expected. Esp. the LDAP
access for obtaining classrooms (ipHost objects) is a nice feature.

Maybe you can show me how to set it up properly, when we meet.
I have no doubts that it works, but it is not obvious (to me) how to configure it, even after reading its docs.

By the way, we can set up an appointment here (starting from Monday, because this weekend I am not free):

For a customer, I will set up epoptes on Debian Edu in the coming
weeks. I heard that the setup is easier to get started with. Also
Epoptes and LTSP are partner projects, so both have code to be aware
of one another.

I have tested it somehow, and I have written some instructions here:
There are also some extra instructions in its docs, which I have not messed with:

Epoptes seems indeed easier than Veyon, to start with, but it is not as flexible as it.
It works best (with minimal setup) when the teacher is using the desktop of the LTSP server.
We can test and discuss it when we meet.

Dashamir