Re: Online training about DebianEdu

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 7:57 AM Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
[Dashamir Hoxha]
> Hi,
>
> I am going to start soon an online training about DebianEdu, most probably
> on Oct 15:
> - Course description: https://ocw.fs.al/mod/page/view.php?id=1198
> - Course outline: https://ocw.fs.al/mod/page/view.php?id=1199

The pages seem to require registration or login to get access, and thus
unreadable for those that do not want to submit personal information to

There is a button at the end "LOG IN AS A GUEST", which allows to read the content. Standard Moodle feature.

the site.  It might make the reader count smaller than you want it to
be.  Perhaps better to post the content in an email here?

I have attached it as a PDF.
Pasted it below as text.

In this course we will learn how to install and maintain DebianEdu. We are going to install it on a virtual environment on the cloud, so that we see all the needed steps. We are going to install a main server combined with LTSP, then we are going to test diskless clients, thin clients, workstations, roaming workstations, etc. We will see how to import a list of users from a CSV file, how to backup the server, etc.

1. First meeting
    • Install main-server.
    • Open GOsa and add manually a test user.
    • Test an LTSP diskless client (on the LTSP network).
    • Test an LTSP diskless client (on the main network).
    • Test a thin (X2Go) client.
    • Import user accounts from a CSV file.
    • Import student accounts in a certain division/subdirectory.

2. Second meeting
    • Update the main server.
    • Disable the cache (squid) for apt.
    • Install a workstation.
    • Install and test a roaming workstation.
    • Install a separate LTSP server, and test a client in its network.
    • Modify the iPXE boot menu.
    • Install a workstation with a different desktop.
    • Add another thin client type.

3. Third meeting
    • Use a dedicated storage server.
    • Backup management.
    • Server monitoring.
    • Other administration topics.
    • How to use Epoptes, Veyon, Squidguard, e2guardian.
    • Using internal email.

4. Forth meeting
    • Some topics related to the development of DebianEdu.