Re: Installing Main-Server on a basic debian system

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 8:39 PM Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 06:55:52PM +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> I tried to install a main-server on a basic debian system using the
> `tools/debian-edu-bless` script:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/debian-edu-config/-/blob/master/share/debian-edu-config/tools/debian-edu-bless

this sounds like you used that script directly, did you try installing
the debian-edu-config package and then running that script?

Yes, I did. These are the steps that I followed:

> I have tried to find out what might be missing, but I don't have a good
> understanding of how the Debian installer works. I suspect that these are
> missing: `d-i/finish-install` and `tools/run-at-firstboot`:

yes, they also need to be run, after installing them from the package.

It is not so clear how to do it, but I tried. It didn't seem to solve the problem.

> Anybody have any ideas?

which documentation are you following?

I am not sure which documentation I should follow.
I followed some suggestions on this mailing list:

Can we make an appointment for an online meeting? (anyone who thinks that may be able to help):

We can try to solve the issue by working together in my test environment.
This seems like a non-standard issue (nobody has experienced it before) and it might be impossible to fix it by shooting questions and answers on a mailing list.

Thanks,
Dashamir