Re: Installing Main-Server on a basic debian system

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 7:42 PM Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 06:55:52PM +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> I tried to install a main-server on a basic debian system using the
> `tools/debian-edu-bless` script:

out of curiosity, why are you doing this as opposed to installing
a main server in the first place?

I am trying to test DebianEdu on virtual machines, using LXD/LXC, and starting a main-server virtual machine from a base image is much more convenient than installing it from a CD/DVD iso.
This has some more details:
http://dashohoxha.fs.al/docs/testing-debian-edu-with-lxd.html#_install_from_a_base_image

Besides, Debian is a system famous for being able to be bootstrapped and installed completely from the command line. It seems more natural and logical to install a server starting from a basic system. An installer that simplifies a couple of steps is nice, but the first choice should be to install from the command line. With the right scripts and tools this can be made very simple too. With the complex installer, I think that now we are in a situation that nobody understands anymore the full process of installation (maybe I am wrong).

Cheers,
Dashamir