Re: [debian-edu-commits] [Debian Wiki] Update of "DebianEdu/Documentation/Bullseye/Installation" by WolfgangSchweer

Hi Wolfgang,

On  Di 28 Dez 2021 19:35:11 CET, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:

[ Holger Levsen, 2021-12-28 ]
On Tue, Dec 28, 2021 at 03:12:41PM -0000, Debian Wiki wrote:
> + /!\ Do not use `Graphical expert install` or `Expert install` under any circumstances, use `debian-edu-expert` instead as an additional kernel parameter in exceptional cases.

"under any circumstances" sounds a bit too scary, especially as
there is no explaination why not.

The explanation would be a bit longish. In most cases, people tend to
mess up things once the tasksel page shows up. In expert mode this
happens in addition to the profile choice page (after it).
Recent example:
https://www.linux-community.de/ausgaben/linuxuser/2021/11/debian-edu-linux-in-schulen/

Did we know that someone was working on that article? Bad publicity still is publicity.

It seems that some valid points of criticism exactly tackle the topics I roll out to customers as Debian Edu Add-Ons. Things I have never taken enough time, so far, to port them over to Debian Edu itself. Probably something I should do (e.g. a filter server).

I think I will wrap up some of the achievements I have worked on for customers and implement them in debian-edu-* for the bookworm cycle. This has been pending far too long...

Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31