Re: pam-python: Python2 removal in sid/bullseye

Hi Nik, hi all,

On  Mi 05 Mai 2021 16:55:06 CEST, Dominik George wrote:

@Mike, @Petter: Did you realise that pam-python is AGPL? It means that
we cannot provide terminal servers or netbooting in Debian Edu without
placing a prominent link to pam-python's sources on the desktop…

I think that tricky bit from AGPL is this:

```
13. Remote Network Interaction; Use with the GNU General Public License.

Notwithstanding any other provision of this License, if you modify the Program, your modified version must prominently offer all users interacting with it remotely through a computer network (if your version supports such interaction) an opportunity to receive the Corresponding Source of your version by providing access to the Corresponding Source from a network server at no charge, through some standard or customary means of facilitating copying of software. [...]

[...]
```

IMHO, any binary package in Debian that has been built from AGPL licensed source code portions, complies with the demands postulated by the AGPL Remote Network Interaction clause. Debian has a very 'standard [...] means of facilitating copying of software': the Debian package archive and esp. the provisioning of matching source packages and their binary counterparts.

So, from my point of view, no real need to worry. Feedback? Comments?

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31