New Debian from Microsoft Store using WSL2

I installed the Debian app from Microsoft store which gets me the command line Debian.

I then tried to add the Salsa repo to be able to install EDU packages.

$ cat /etc/os-release

PRETTY_NAME="Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)"

NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"

VERSION_ID="11"

VERSION="11 (bullseye)"

VERSION_CODENAME=bullseye

ID=debian

HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"

SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"

BUG_REPORT_URL=https://bugs.debian.org/

I tried

$ sudo apt-add-repository http://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu

But needed this first

$ sudo sudo apt-get install software-properties-common

Now I get from apt update…

Err:5 https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu bullseye InRelease

  Clearsigned file isn't valid, got 'NOSPLIT' (does the network require authentication?)

Reading package lists... Done

E: Failed to fetch http://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/dists/bullseye/InRelease  Clearsigned file isn't valid, got 'NOSPLIT' (does the network require authentication?)

E: The repository 'http://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu bullseye InRelease' is not signed.

N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.

N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

How can I proceed to get EDU packages with default Debian from WSL2 Microsoft Store install of Debian 11 ?

Lee T. Davy

Sent from Mail on the Acer Aspire 3
for Windows 10