Re: Client time/date synchronisation

Hi Roman,

[ roman.meier@gismap.ch, 2021-04-20 ]
> Fact is that my LTSP clients don't have the correct time if the server
> has no internet connection, which may be perfectly normal, right?

No, it should work.

> There's none on the client in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/ntp.conf though.

LTSP modifies the setting at client startup. A line 'server ntp' should
be appended at the end of ntp.conf. The value 'ntp' is fetched from LDAP
(ltspConfig: TIMESERVER=ntp).

Replace ntp with auto and check if it makes a difference (less flexible,
but no name resolution needed in this case).

Wolfgang