Re: pam-python/libpam-mklocaluser/debian-edu-config python3 migration.

[ Mike Gabriel, 2020-09-23 ]
> Am Samstag, 19. September 2020 schrieb peter green:
> > What needs to happen long-term is for pam-python to move to python
> > 3. I suspect this will involve renaming the binary package and
> > adjusting the reverse dependencies to depend on the new binary
> > package and use python 3 compatible code.
>
> I was pretty sure that pam-python.so and mklocaluser already operate
> on Python3. This mail makes me unsure about this, now.

libpam-mklocaluser depends on libpam-python (which depends on
libpython2.7).

Also, debian-edu-config depends on libpam-python; reason (from
d-e-c/debian/changelog):
Add PAM module to reject Kerberos password changes and point users
to the Gosa web page instead to try to keep the password databases
in sync (Closes: 704461).  Depend on libpam-python for this.

This d-e-c dependency is now also causing the failure of autopkgtest for
debian-edu/2.11.22, see:
https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/testing/amd64/d/debian-edu/7292037/log.gz

Wolfgang