Re: Server not booting anymore

On Thu, May 07, 2020 at 03:30:08PM +0200, Roman Meier wrote:
> I rather seriously messed up my Debian Edu server this morning!
>
> I booted the server using a Debian-liveCd and it seems this did some harm
> to grub for reasons unknown since I didn't do any installation or changes
> to the system I'm aware of.
[..]
> Any ideas how to fix this?

You could try to use the Debian Installer's rescue mode, see:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Buster/Installation#Installation_types_and_options
(Advanced options -> Rescue mode) to inspect the broken system, i.e:
just use the Debian Edu Buster Netinst ISO to boot your main server,
see: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Buster#Download_using_http

Good luck,
Wolfgang